Clear birthday card

Posted on

Hello Peeps,

I really wanted to try something different and the idea to make a card using some acetate would not pass. Eventually this card came to be quite quickly.

I started by stamping the 3 different sized presents on differtent pieces of paper from my Little Sizzles Pastels paper pack by Sizzix. I’ve had it in my stash for years and still haven’t used it all up. To keep the soft look of the paper, I used Smoky Slate ink by Stampin’ Up. I fussy cut the boxes and stamped them again on some white paper, using the same grey ink. I kept the width of the card in mind as I did this stamping. I temporarily attached a second piece of paper to the stamped piece. Next I cut the top edge of both pieces leaving a white border around the bows. Doing it this way insured that both pieces woud be identical so I could attach them to eiter side of the acetate and insuring no adhesive would show. I stuck the fussy cut boxes onto the stamped parcels and cut a piece of acetate from a pack of Hewlett Packard Color LaserJet Transparencies to size. I scored the top edge of the acetate and burnished the fold using a bone folder. Next I stamped the sentiment Gefeliciteerd (Congratulations) and the confetti from the Marianne Designs stamp set Joepie Geniet by Karin Joan in StaZon Cotton White ink. I cut two more pieces of pink paper from Made By ME to the same size as the card. On one of the pieces I stamped “met je verjaardag” (on your birthday) in the same grey ink as the presents. Now everything was ready to be assembled. The acetate is stuck between two layers of identical paper so no adhesive is visible.

Fun right?

If you have any questions or comments regarding this card or blogpost please leave them in the comment section below.

See you next time.

 

 

Leonie

 


Koala Slider Card

Posted on

Hello Peeps,

It is high time for me to start posting again. As you can imagine, life with 3 children is quite hectic and crafting is no longer a high priority. However, to show you that I am serious about picking up blogging again, I’ve decided to do it bilingual from now on. I’ll give less background information and instead explain more clearly how I created the card of project so it’s easier to recreate. So without further a do, here is my first card since the babystop:

I started with the background. I cut two pieces of masking tape using the same grass-die from the Grassy Hillside Borders set. On one piece I put the die towards the top and on the other piece I put it towards the bottom in order to create masks. I put the grass mask on the card panel at about one third of the way up and coloured the sky using Tumbled Glass Distress Ink and a mini ink blending tool. I removed the grass mask and applied the sky mask so I could colour the grass using Peeled Paint Distress Ink. I also applied the green in to the card base at approximately the same height as on the panel. That way the colour of the foreground will flow into the background colour and the groove for in the panel will be less noticable. Using one of the dies from the Slide On Over set, I cut a groove out of the panel and stamped the sentiment. On a seperate scrap of paper I stamped the koala’s of the Cuddly Koalas stampset by My Favorite Things and made another bit of green ink blended background. I coloured the koala’s using Distress Ink in Antique Linen, Pumice Stone, Hickory Smoke and Black Soot. I fussycut them out and went around the edges using a black marker in order to get rid of any white edges. I punched two 5/8″ circles out of the green paper. Next I covered the back of the cardpanel with a double layer of foam tape, leaving an area free around the groove, so the green circles could move around freely. Before attaching my¬† panel to the cardbase I used my powder tool by EK Succes on the sides of the foamtape. This is to insure that nothing will stick to the sides and that the discs can move freely. After that I attached the koala’s to the green discs using some 2mm thick foamsquares. I brushed the sides of the foamsquares with the powder tool too. Now the koala’s van easily slide towards each other.

The only thing I have left to do is to stamp a koala on the envelope so it matches and then it’s ready to be sent of to my dear friends in Macclesfield, England.

Let me know below in the comment section what you think of my new approach. I look forward to hearing from you.

See you soon!

Leonie